Sunday, June 1, 2014

Lazarus raised from the dead- Children's Church


Children's church went pretty good today! It was kind of last minute getting the activity ready (I actually wasn't supposed to teach today) but the Lord had a different plan all along! Today we learned about Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead. I knew that most of the kids knew what a mummy was, but just in case I wanted to give them a good visual  of what Lazarus probably looked like coming out of the tomb. I picked a smaller one and dressed him up! David was a little timid at first but I think he had a good time! He was a good sport. The kids LOVED it and thought it was the funniest thing they had ever saw.

I just got some old white costumes and wrapped them around him. I ended up ripping some cloth into a lot of strips and just tying them together. 


Finished product! Our little Lazarus :)

After that I read them the story of Lazarus and had David sit in the chair as the example. He did such a good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment